Sunday, September 2, 2007

Michigan loses to Hadley school for the blind

Mighty 5th ranked Michigan lost to Appalachian State! This is a school that is so obscure I'm not even sure I spelled it right. They're not even a division 1 school. Yes there's joy in Illiniland. Maybe not quite as much as if Illinois actually went on say a 1 game winning streak or even 2 big ten wins in only one season, but still the pleasure of seeing 100,000 fans filing out of a stadium in shock and disbelief shedding their blue and yellow tears is hard to top. I suppose if you really want to understand the feeling you can ask an Illinois born and raised Michigan fan. Although extremely rare there is one in the northwest suburbs. I don't want to say his say his name to save his family from embarrassment and scorn. I guess I can disguise his name to Clark Feinstein.
Anyway , I just wanted to enjoy the fact that Michigan suffered what may be the most embarrassing defeat in c0llege football history.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry, still brilliant after all these years! Funny, fitting and, yes, it made my day. Of course, the Michigan loss was a great day for all Illini fans. Thanks for capturing the essence of the feeling in words and for embarassing those Illini grads who still hang on to the Michigan colors. Luap Soor. (Disguised Name)

Unknown said...

Hey anonymous Luap Soor,

I am glad to amuse and impressed that you are up at 6:20 am on a non work day. Were you going golfing?
Harry

Anonymous said...

Well, yes. Amazing you know your anonymous commentors so well. :-)

I played a beautiful course with some friends and I played 15 really good holes. The problem is that golf requires you to score all 18. Maybe you could improve the game some way as you suggested for football.

Luap (this name came from my ever creative Mom a LONG time ago!)